design & consulting
In all projects the goal should be to find solutions fulfilling basic functional requirements at the lowest life cycle cost. Many opportunities to increase overall cost efficiency and enhance system performance can be identified by teaming up with Spectrum at an early stage of the project.
With its rich and varied experience of setting up pharmaceutical facilities, Spectrum can help you in conceptualizing your dream project.
During the initial planning stage various questions come up like:
- How to design the right layout meeting requirements of men / material movement and at the same time ensure maximum utilization of usually scarce space?
- What should be the correct environmental cleanliness class, which is acceptable?
- How to design an air handling system meeting the requirements of room cleanliness classification and environmental protection?
- What should be the quality of water used?
- What should be the ideal water treatment method?
Spectrum can assist you in a number of ways to answer all these and many more questions.
Apart from our experience from previous installations, we have some unique resources at our disposal like our constant interaction with International Consultants and Regulatory Authorities in addition to various Industrial Associations. The typical approach will be to first gather functional requirements of the proposed facility which includes production process together with the required level of automation, dosage forms, batch sizes, containment needs, type of equipment and machinery, inventory norms, expansion philosophy, etc.
Based on the above data Spectrum will develop:
- Preliminary layouts for facilities
- Size Process Equipment and outline basic specifications
- Define Environmental classification and Pressure Differential concepts
- Water treatment concepts
- Civil Finish Concepts
- Budgetary Project Cost
- Project Timelines
Spectrum’s objective is to recommend the most cost effective solution meeting regulatory norms and customer expectations.